MotorBoat’s Virgin Q
Weather: 34 and clear. Sunrise 4 minutes into the workout. Some wind that decreased throughout the morning.
Pax: Cornwallis, Zamboni, PVC, Nomad, Maize, Brickyard, Wood Chuck, Kodak, Thick Burger, Quick, FNG, FNG, Cosmo
Warm O Rama
- Motivators starting at 5
- High knees
- Butt kickers
- Grab Flags, Rucks, and Sandbags (40lb, 50lb, 60ish lb, 90ish lb)
- Ruck 0.63 mile to cheery tree park
- Divide into 3 lines with the smaller sandbags
- Front person cleans the bag and then tosses it as far as they can. Next person in line repeats until we get across the field. Rotate lines half way across the field.
- 1 person on each sandbag and does 10 “bear complexes” (clean, front squat, back squat, repeat).The rest of the Pax does the following exercises until the 10 are done:
- Duckwalk with ruck in front
- Monkey Humpers
- Planks and some Pickle Pounders in cadence
- Squats with ruck in front
- Pax Circles up and squats
- Move the sandbags 2 times around the circle to the right
- 30 second rest
- 2 times around to the left
- 3 lines and move the sandbags back across the field
Rucks off, make a shoulder to shoulder line while sitting alternating the direction facing. Everyone does a sit up together. Sandbags passed down the line. Repeat with sandbags going to opposite direction
Form up in 2 lines with flags up front, then heavier 2 sandbags, then lighter 2 sandbags. Return ruck to the Hill. Indian run from the back of the line every so often and have everyone rotate back through the fun
-It was an honor to get to Q my first workout. Although new to the F3 scene, I’ve done a couple of rucks before. Thanks for letting me Q!
-Some mumble chatter about the heavy bag that I am going to name El Diablo. The difference in the bags was very apparent but made for a good change in the workout.
-Two FNGs today who kicked some major butt, especially having never rucked before. Please welcome Lead Pipe and Bay Watch
-I’m grateful that I’ve meet all of you and get to work out with an awesome group of dudes. I appreciate you pushing me to be a better person daily.
-T-claps to Marshall and Tulip. Tulip did a 6 mile ruck last night, a new record for him! Marshall busted out a 20 miler overnight and needed some rest this morning.
-Recover, hydrate, and eat well.