6 Pax at The Vet for a light interval day. Clancy, Slider, Pontoon-19, Tulip, FNG-Matt & Snaphook
Weather: 43 .mild. disclaimer- check, core p’s -check.
WarmO- 15 SSH IC, 10 Weed Pickers IC, Frankenstein across 3rd ave.
3.3 miles were covered.
Moleskine: Stress triggers right out of the gate today as we made our way past the stairs (crime scene from last thursday) Kitty calls these areas “winning zones”. Pace seemed to pick up briefly as we neared the Junkyard. just as those tremors subsided we moseyed past the TWOC garage decks, YHC looked west and ran north. smooth sailing from there. RLD & and Cap’t D loop. FNG Matt fit right in with excellent mumble chatter, Slider threw some shots fired in Clancy’s direction. YHC can’t remember them, but I remember they were well deserved. – on a more serious note- according to the American heart association, the following are Emergency Stress stoppers. try them out the next time you feel some stress. I translated #10 and added one..
- Count to 10 before you speak or react.
- Take a few slow, deep breaths until you feel your body un-clench a bit.
- Go for a walk, even if it’s just to the restroom and back. It can help break the tension and give you a chance to think things through.
- Try a quick meditation or prayer to get some perspective.
- If it’s not urgent, sleep on it and respond tomorrow. This works especially well for stressful emails and social media trolls.
- Walk away from the situation for a while, and handle it later once things have calmed down.
- Break down big problems into smaller parts. Take one step at a time, instead of trying to tackle everything at once.
- Turn on some chill music or an inspirational podcast to help you deal with road rage.
- Take a break to pet the dog, hug a loved one or do something to help someone else.
- Fitness, Fellowship, Faith. post 2-3…4, 5… times a week, coffeteria, meet up, COT…
- Interval runs at The Vet.
great jogging and walking was had by all. Picture time & COT. have a great day! Snap